Savannah's Most Romantic Retreat:
In a city where charming historic inns and elegant B&Bs abound, The Gastonian Bed and Breakfast is clearly the gold standard. Through the years, the Gastonian in Savannah, GA has been honored with many prestigious accolades and travel industry honors, including:
- AAA Four-Diamond Award for 21 Years
- Recommended by Conde Nast Traveler on the TODAY Show with Matt Lauer
- "Most Romantic Inn" - Savannah Magazine
- "Best of Savannah" - Connect Savannah
- Conde Nast Traveler's Gold List
- Conde Nast Johansens Recommended
- Recognized by Elegant Small Hotels
- Kiwi Collection of Extraordinary Inns
Located on Gaston & Lincoln near Forsyth Park
-A Gourmet Breakfast Served Family-Style in Dining Room
-Cooked-to-Order Breakfast Delivered to Your Room
-Afternoon Hors D'oeuvres Reception with Teas, Coffee and Wine
-Evening Desserts and Beverage
-Evening Cordials Served in Our Antique-Adorned Parlor
-Soft Drinks and Bottled Waters Available All Day
-24-Hour Concierge Services
-Complimentary High-Speed Wireless Internet
-Turndown Service of Luxury Linens
Directions to the Gastonian Bed and Breakfast
- Take Interstate 95 south to Interstate 16.
- Take Interstate 16 East.
- Continue until Interstate 16 ends onto Montgomery St.
- Turn right at first light onto Liberty St.
- Take Liberty St. to Whitaker St., Turn right.
- Continue on Whitaker St. to Gaston St., Turn left.
- Proceed until you reach Lincoln St., the Gastonian will be on the left.
- Savannah/Hilton Head International Airport - 12 Miles Away
- Lady's Island Airport - 47 Miles Away
- Charleston International Airport - 99 Miles Away
- Jacksonville International Airport - 130 Miles Away
The Epitome of Fine Southern Hospitality:
The Gastonian in Savannah, GA
Whether you're part of a wedding party, corporate retreat, or on your own—when you stay at The Gastonian Bed and Breakfast, you'll enjoy Southern hospitality at its absolute best. In December 2000, The Gastonian Bed and Breakfast was selected for membership in Relais & Chateaux, the international association of luxury hotels and restaurants. Membership in this very elite group distinguishes The Gastonian in Savannah, GA as one of the finest luxury hotels in the world.
A Peaceful Location Near Forsyth Park
Set in a residential neighborhood on Gaston Street near Forsyth Park, The Gastonian is known for its intimate atmosphere, authentic antiques, grand decor and personalized hospitality. You will find the staff warm and welcoming, and its location perfect for touring the historic district.
Two blocks from Forsyth Park, The Gastonian bed and breakfast is within easy walking distance to a number of city squares. Savannah's River Street and City Market are about three-quarters of a mile from the Forsyth Park and Gaston Street area…a pleasant stroll with endless photo opportunities through neighborhoods of elegantly restored homes and beautiful gated gardens. You'll find eclectic shops, intriguing sites and cafes along the way.
Nearby Attractions Include:
- Forsyth Park - Two Blocks Away
- Cathedral of St. John the Baptist - Five Blocks Away
- Temple Mickve Isreal-Three Blocks Away
- Mercer House - Three Blocks Away
- SCAD Administration Building - Six Blocks Away
- Colonial Park Cemetery - Six Blocks Away
- Owens-Thomas House - 10 Blocks Away
- Davenport House - 12 Blocks Away
- Lucas Theater - 12 Blocks Away
- Trustees Theater - 12 Blocks Away
- River Street - 15 Blocks Away
- City Market - 17 Blocks Away
A Perfect Pairing of Old World
History and Modern Luxury
Built in 1868, The Gastonian in Savannah, GA served as a private residence until 1985 when it became a bed and breakfast. Today, The Gastonian is a four-diamond, award-winning bed and breakfast inn, recognized by Conde Nast Traveler magazine as one of the finest places to stay in the world. The building is comprised of two adjoining Regency-Italianate-style mansions, connected by an elevated walkway. The Gastonion in Savannah offers 17 intimate guest rooms that are each uniquely furnished and named after prominent Savannah natives such as Flannery O'Connor, Juliette Gordon Low and Mary Telfair.
In Your Room:
- Working Fireplace
- Silver-Tray, In-Room Breakfast Option
- Exquisite Selection of Antique Furniture, Luxurious Fabrics and Attention to Detail
- Private Bath
- Charming Clawfoot Tub or Walk-In Shower
- Whirlpool Baths (Select Rooms)
- Individual Heating and Air-Conditioning Controls
- Complimentary Wireless Internet Access
- Flat Screen Cable Television with DVD player
- CD Player
- Hair Dryer
- Iron and Ironing Board
- Luxurious Bath Robes
- Newspaper Delivered to Your Door
Features & Services:
- A Gourmet Breakfast Served Family-Style in Dining Room
- Cooked-to-Order Breakfast Delivered to Your Room
- Afternoon Hors D'oeuvres Reception with Teas, Coffee and Wine
- Evening Desserts and Beverage
- Evening Cordials Served in Our Antique-Adorned Parlor
- Soft Drinks and Bottled Waters Available All Day
- 24-Hour Concierge Services
- Baggage Assistance
- Complimentary High-Speed Wireless Internet
- Wedding Services
- Whole House Buyouts
- Elopement Package
- Turndown Service of Luxury Linens
- Wake-Up Calls
- Outdoor Garden and Courtyard
- Working Fireplaces in Each Room
- Corporate Rates and Direct Billing Available
The Ultimate Honeymoon or Romantic Getaway
The Caracalla Suite at The Gastonian in Savannah, GA is considered one of the most romantic places in the city, and is the perfect place to start your new life together. The suite features two rooms, 13-foot ceilings, an oversized whirlpool tub, four-poster canopy bed and two fireplaces. Enjoy long, leisurely silver-tray breakfasts in the privacy of your suite. Sip champagne, soak in the large whirlpool tub and drink in the romance and elegance of this very unique luxury suite. The Gastonian's concierge will be happy to assist with special requests...anything to make your romantic getaway perfect and memorable.
The Gardens of The Gastonian Bed and Breakfast
The tranquil and historic gardens at The Gastonian Bed and Breakfast are a special treat for guests. The side garden, like many in Savannah, was designed to be seen from the street. Tucked away behind a wrought-iron fence, azaleas, boxwoods and colorful seasonal plants are lined formally, by height, along the edges of a central lawn and tiered fountain.
A more private, intimate garden lies just around the corner, featuring a bricked floor, an intimate swing for two, and small pool for goldfish and water lilies. A wooden balcony connecting the two mansions overlooks both gardens. It's the perfect place for a morning visit with coffee or tea and a newspaper.