Discover Savannah's Oldest Hotel: The Marshall House
The Hostess City of the South is home to many historic inns and hotels but few can compare to the elegance and treasured charm of The Marshall House in Savannah. In fact, The Marshall House in Savannah is the city's oldest hotel.
In 1851, businesswoman Mary Marshall's father built the four-story Marshall House in Savannah. It served as a hospital for soldiers toward the end of the Civil War, and during two yellow fever epidemics. The Marshall House in Savannah was also home to Joel Chandler Harris, author of the Uncle Remus stories. The hotel was closed from 1895-1899; then operated on and off as a hotel until 1957 when it closed again. In 1999, the property was fully restored and reopened. Original features of this historic hotel include authentic 19th century doors, windows, railings, moldings and tall ceilings. Some rooms have antique clawfoot tubs and some rooms have access to a wrought-iron balcony reconstructed to replicate the building's original veranda of the early 1900s.
65 Guest Rooms, 3 Suites
Innkeeper: Russ Mitchell
123 East Broughton Street
Savannah, GA 31401
Toll Free: 1-800-589-6304
Located on Broughton Street in the Historic District
-Deluxe Continental Breakfast
-Wireless High-Speed Internet in Public Areas and Guest Rooms
-Late Checkout (Please ask our Guest Services Representative)
-In-Room Coffee Service
-Guest Rewards Program Participating Hotel
Directions to The Marshall House in Savannah:
- Follow I-16 into Savannah from I-95. I-16 will dead end and merge into Montgomery Street.
- Follow Montgomery Street to the third light. This is Broughton Street.
- Turn right onto Broughton Street. Follow Broughton Street for six blocks.
- The Marshall House will be on your right.
- Savannah/Hilton Head International Airport - 12 Miles Away
- Charleston International Airport - 99 Miles Away
- Jacksonville International Airport - 130 Miles Away
- Lady's Island Airport - 47 Miles Away
A Guest Rewards Participating Hotel
The Marshall House participates in Bed and Breakfasts of Savannah's Guest Rewards Program. Stay nine nights at any of these four inns and enjoy a tenth night free. Simply present your Guest Rewards Card, which you can request at your next check in to one of these four inns:
- The Marshall House
- East Bay Inn
- Olde Harbour Inn
- The Eliza Thompson House
In Your Room:
- Flat-Screen LCD Televisions
- Complimentary High-Speed Internet Access
- Luxurious Premium Bed Linens and Mattresses
- In-Room Coffee
- Newspaper Delivered to Your Door
Features & Services:
- Historic Full-Service Hotel
- Award-Winning Restaurant and Lounge on site
- Luxurious and Spacious Suites Available
- Deluxe Continental Breakfast
- Business Center with Computer and Printer
- Corporate Rates Available
- Meeting Spaces Available
- Wireless High-Speed Internet in Public Areas
- Wireless High-Speed Internet in Guest Rooms
- Family-Friendly Hotel
- Valet Parking Available
- Wake-Up Calls
- Concierge Services
- Baggage Assistance
- Weekday Afternoon Reception
- Wedding Services
- Rooms with Verandah Access Available
- Guest Rewards Program Participating Hotel
- Ultra Convenient Historic District Location
- Late Checkout (Please ask our Guest Services Representative)
The Marshall House in Savannah: The Ultimate Historic District Location
Once you get situated in one of our beautifully renovated guest rooms or suites, you'll be thrilled at how close The Marshall House in Savannah is to all of the city's best attractions, literally just steps from our front door.
The Marshall House offers the perfect historic location downtown on Broughton Street in the heart of Savannah's historic district. Walk two minutes in one direction, and you're on River Street. Head out in another, and you're in City Market. Savannah's famous squares, historic homes and sultry night clubs are all within walking distance. From The Marshall House in Savannah, you can stroll to Savannah's most frequented sites, shop in the exquisite and hip boutiques right outside your door, and enjoy afternoon cocktails or dinner in the award-winning on-site restaurant and lounge, 45 Bistro.
Close to The Marshall House in Savannah:
- Lucas Theater - One Block Away
- Trustees Theater - One Block Away
- Owens-Thomas House - Two Blocks Away
- River Street - Three Blocks Away
- Davenport House - Three Blocks Away
- Colonial Park Cemetery - Four Blocks Away
- City Market - Five Blocks Away
- Cathedral of St. John the Baptist - Eight Blocks Away
- SCAD Administration Building - Nine Blocks Away
- Forsyth Park - 14 Blocks Away
Whether you're visiting our fair city for leisure or business, the staff at The Marshall House in Savannah will treat you to an incredible experience of Southern hospitality that will not soon be forgotten.