The Eliza Thompson House:
On Jones Street in Savannah
The Eliza Thompson House in Savannah is an exquisite 1847 inn located in a quiet corner of the city's historic district. Known for superior service and a true Savannah atmosphere—the inn is private, peaceful and a short, scenic stroll to Savannah's best-loved historic attractions.
Built in 1847, The Eliza Thompson House in Savannah was the first home constructed on Jones Street. The home of Eliza and Joseph Thompson and their seven children, the house was the site of many grand parties and celebrations hosted by the family. Through the years, The Eliza Thompson House in Savannah has been used as doctors' offices and private residences before being converted into a bed and breakfast in 1977.
25 Guest Rooms
Innkeeper: Sheila Scott
5 West Jones Street
Savannah, GA 31401
Tel: (912) 236-3620
Toll free: 1-800-348-9378
Located on Beautiful Jones Street
-Deluxe Continental Breakfast
-Evening Wine and Cheese Reception
-High-Speed Internet Access
-Guest Rewards Program
Directions to The Eliza Thompson House
- Take Exit 99A onto I-16 East.
- Take Montgomery Street Exit.
- Turn right at first light onto Liberty Street.
- Turn right at next light onto Whitaker Street.
- Go three blocks and turn left onto Jones Street.
- The Eliza Thompson House is on the right.
Airports Near The Eliza Thompson House:
- Savannah/Hilton Head International Airport - 12 Miles Away
- Charleston International Airport - 99 Miles Away
- Jacksonville International Airport - 130 Miles Away
- Lady's Island Airport - 47 Miles Away
A Guest Rewards Participating Hotel
The Eliza Thompson House participates in Bed and Breakfasts of Savannah's Guest Rewards Program. Stay nine nights at any of these four inns and enjoy a tenth night free. Simply present your Guest Rewards Card, which you can request at your next check in to one of these four inns:
- The Marshall House
- East Bay Inn
- Olde Harbour Inn
- The Eliza Thompson House
Be Romanced by The Eliza Thompson House
Perfect for a honeymoon, destination wedding or simply a romantic trip for two—The Eliza Thompson House in Savannah is intimate and personal, with a very traditional Savannah atmosphere and feel. The Inn is located close to the inviting shops of Savannah, but is set in a quiet, residential area on Jones Street.
Be Enchanted by Our Secret Garden Courtyard
On the lovely grounds at The Eliza Thompson House in Savannah, discover a tranquil, private-walled garden courtyard—one of the Inn's most enchanting features. Made almost entirely of old Savannah Gray Bricks, the courtyard is historically significant and features a fountain, Koi pond and bronze sculptures. A place of reflection and easy relaxation, this intimate hideaway always beckons guests to linger just a little bit longer.
Boxwoods and colorful seasonal plants provide a traditional, yet casual and inviting environment. Every evening, guests return after a day touring Savannah to find one of the most beautiful places in the city…right outside their door. You'll miss one of Savannah's best-kept secrets if you don't plan to spend a little time relaxing in the remarkable Garden Courtyard at The Eliza Thompson House in Savannah.
Intimate Guest Room Accommodations at The Eliza Thompson House in Savannah
The 25 guest-room accommodations at The Eliza Thompson House in Savannah include 12 rooms in the Main House, and 13 rooms surrounding the Inn's Garden Courtyard.
Main House Rooms
The Main House, or original home structure, was built in two stages. The primary structure was built in 1847; with the front parlor and two additional rooms added around 1870. Today, the three floors of Eliza Thompson House's Main House contain some of the most dramatic rooms in Savannah.
Each Room Is Unique, but All Main House Accommodations Offer:
- 12-Foot Ceilings
- Antique Sofas
- Dressing Tables
- Ornate Fireplaces
- Bay Windows
- Hardwood Floors and Oriental Rugs
Garden Rooms at The Eliza Thompson House
A bit of New Orleans awaits guests who stay in the Garden Courtyard Rooms at The Eliza Thompson House in Savannah. Wrought-iron balconies lead to guest rooms on three floors, each with a view of the Inn's spectacular secret garden. Each Garden Courtyard Room is uniquely styled, but all feature either a queen or king size bed and lovely garden views. French doors open onto our signature courtyard, complete with flowing fountain and Koi pond.
Additional In-Room Amenities Include:
- Hair Dryer
- Modern, Private Bath
- Iron and Ironing Board
- Premium Soaps and Amenities
Features of The Eliza Thompson House:
- Koi Pond in the Garden Courtyard
- Complimentary Evening Desserts
- Wedding Services
- Turndown Service
- Romance Packages
- Complimentary Evening Reception
- Elopement Package
- Concierge Services
- Baggage Assistance
- High-Speed Internet Access
- Ivan Bailey Sculpted Fountain
- Deluxe Continental Breakfast
- Private Garden and Courtyard
- Guest Rewards Program Participant
Tucked Away Yet Close to Everything:
- Located in the Historic District in a Quiet Residential Area
- Near Downtown Design District
- SCAD Administration Building - One Block Away
- Mercer House - One Block Away
- Mickve Israel Synagogue -One Block Away
- Mrs. Wilkes Boarding House Restaurant - One Block Away
- Forsyth Park - One-and-a-Half Blocks Away
- Cathedral of St. John the Baptist - Five Blocks Away
- Savannah Theatre - Six Blocks Away
- City Market - Eight Blocks Away
- Owens-Thomas House - 10 Blocks Away
- Colonial Park Cemetery - 10 Blocks Away
- Lucas Theater - 10 Blocks Away
- Davenport House - 10 Blocks Away
- River Street - 10 Blocks Away
- Trustees Theater - 17 Blocks Away